Fact or Myth: How do Raspberry Ketones Cause Weight Loss?
With so many different types of weight loss supplements floating around on the market, I can understand your skepticism. First it was the acai berry, then it was hoodia and now it’s the raspberry ketones. What’s the guarantee that these raspberry ketones weight loss supplements actually work? Can someone actually explain the scientific process by which fat is burned with raspberry ketones?
In a single word: YES.
Raspberry ketones do work and there is a very precise scientific explanation to how they work. But you aren’t the only one being skeptical. A few years back, it was Oprah who went all out promoting different herbs as the best way to lose weight and thousands of people jumped on to that bandwagon. But not many people realized these herbs were rare and it was not really possible to market these herbs as a weight loss supplement. Raspberry ketones are nothing like rare herbs. They are distilled from raspberries but it’s just as easy to make identical ketones in the laboratory. They work every effectively to cause weight loss and there is scientific proof to back it up. So here goes.
What are raspberry ketones?
Raspberry ketones are the fragrant aromatic compounds that are responsible for creating the fragrance of raspberries. The powdered extract is commonly used in the food industry to scent packaged foods and even in the cosmetic industry to scent lip balms and face creams. One kg of raspberries produces only about 1-4mg of raspberry ketones but varieties of industrial methods are now used to make synthetic ketones in the lab. These synthetically produced products are bio-identical to natural ketones. However, one bright soul found that these products actually also accelerated weight loss by burning up the fat reserves of the person and increasing the body’s utilization of fat instead of sugar to produce energy. The very first study was carried out on mice that were fed high doses of raspberry ketones. It was noted that the rats actually lose weight while consuming the raspberry ketones. This led to a considerable focus on the product as a weight loss supplement.
Ok, we understood how its made and where it’s from…but how does it work?
To understand how raspberry ketones work, you have to understand human body metabolism.
- When we eat, we usually eat a balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Out of three food groups, carbohydrates and sugars are metabolized the fastest and then converted in to glucose.
- This glucose is the essential energy source for our body cells. Body cells burn glucose in the presence of oxygen to produce energy and at the same time it uses protein to carry out essential repairs on body parts.
- Fat, on the other hand, is always stored by the body in the form of glycogen (starch). This storage process is just a defense mechanism to protect the body in case of future starvation. Unfortunately, all of us eat much more fat than is actually required resulting in fat deposits on breasts, underarms, thighs, buttocks and hips.
- When you are dieting, the opposite happens. The body recognizes that it is starving and it pulls out the stored glycogen and breaks it down to make glucose and ketone bodies which are now used as body fuel. However, during the breakdown process, the amount of ketones that are produced are much more than glucose. The body and brain now shifts over completely to use ketone bodies as a form of fuel instead of sugar.
- Using an external form of ketones in the form of raspberry ketones encourages the body to actually start burning all the stored fat in the body to be used as fuel. This is the reason why Dr Oz on his show stated that raspberry ketones could actually accelerate the process of weight loss by breaking up fat deposits faster. In fact, with the excess of ketones in the body, the body now starts only using ketones for fuel. Dieters can shift over to a low-carbohydrate, high-protein diet and continue exercising to hasten the process of weight loss.
It’s as simple as that. If you need some more info on ketone then try raspberryketonepure.net
Although raspberry ketones do work, we do advise diabetics to get themselves checked over completely before using any kind of supplement.